Is there any way to limit the task actions available based on process data?

• 17 March 2014
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +8

I'm looking to prevent human error. There is a business rule that says if the data in "A" is not = Pass, then the next task should not be allowed to select "accept" only "rework" should be available for selection.

Not sure if there are any conditional options on the Actions for a task. Or if I have to duplicate the activity with different inbound lines with the business rules on them.. One activity has all task actions, while the other only has "rework"

Thoughts?

6 replies

Badge +8

Bumping... anyone have any thoughts?

Badge +8

Maybe this is a feature request then?

Badge +7

Good day

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post/question, please have a look at the following document this might be able to help:

http://olafd.wordpress.com/2011/11/01/if-then-else-in-a-k2-workflow/

http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearlUserGuide4.6.4/RTM_Reference_-_K2_Line_Rule_Introduction.html

Just to find out have you tried any rules yet, if so which rules have you used? 

Hope this will help

Kind regards

Nelly

Badge +8

So basically your saying that I'd need to have two different client events. Each client event would have different actions available. Then use line rules before to route to the right client event?

This would mess up the reporting a bit. Sure it's doable. But I think the feature request would be to put some rules on the action options themselves. That way you're only managing one client event, reporting encapsulates all of the activities at that stage of the business process.

Badge +8

What's the front end for your process?  Could you condition the availability of the action their?

Badge +9

I had the same question – what do your use for your front-end?

You can always apply the logic on form-level. If you use SmartForms the only thing to consider is that you cannot make use of the standard Workflow Tasks view that the client event adds to the form as you have no ability to limit the options in the Action dropdown, however manually wiring in the Action logic is possible and with this you can control what actions are available at runtime.