cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How Do I Create a Multi Level Cascading Drop Down?

Jump to solution

I'm trying to create a cascading drop down that depending on the first drop down calls different information from 1 list with a unique column that displays departments. In my case, I have a list called departments and a list called managers. In Departments I have just the various different departments. In managers I have a list with all the managers with a unique column id called "deptID". This states what departments the managers belong to.

cascading-drop.png

Another thing I've also tried...

I've also tried creating a cascading drop down that depending on the first drop down calls 1 of 9 separate lists. The first list is for departments. Depending on the department you choose I want it to call 1 of the lists that is a combination of managers. See the graphic below. Can I do this with 2 list lookup buttons? There has to be a way to format it. Should I be doing this some other way?

This post is pretty close.

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How Do I Create a Multi Level Cascading Drop Down?

Jump to solution

Nate,

Have you seen this post Cascading drop downs and Nintex Forms for SharePoint ?  Should point you in the right direction.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yeah I've seen that video Eric and I have the departments listing no problem. When the screen blinks I get a second drop down with no options. I followed the directions in the video. I'm referencing the source list "Managers". I'm filtering by a control's value where field is "deptID". That's filtered by "ManagersDepartment".

So the managers list  has all the managers listed within that list is a column called "deptID". This states which department the managers are in. So I think I'm following the directions, but it's not working out for me as of yet. I must be missing something.

managers.png

The video in question..

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

This tutorial did end up working. Apparently, I just needed to do this 4 times before it worked. Chalk this one up to user error.

0 Kudos