cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hiding a panel based on a drop down in a repeating section

Jump to solution

I have a drop down located in a repeating section that has several different choices in the dropdown.  I have a panel below it that I need to hide until they choose something in the dropdown (anything) and then it will populate.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Hiding a panel based on a drop down in a repeating section

Jump to solution
Hi,

As the repeating section does not resize very well I do not suggest hiding a panel (or any controls) in a repeating section. You may want to just disable it instead until a choice is chosen.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

The panel that I want to hide comes after the repeating section and I want to hide it based on when the choice within the repeating section is chosen.  I am new to this.  I hope that I am making sense.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

What you are wanting to do will not work.
If you apply a rule to a control on a repeating section the rule will apply to that control in every row of the repeating section.
So if one choice has one value in one row and another choice has another value in another row the rule will always stick with the one that is true. You may need to rethink your solution.

When referencing a control in a repeating section it will always output as an array as there can be multiple values selected, one for each row.

This means that when you want to set a rule for a control like looking for a particular value you must check if it exists in the array.
e.g
inArray(ChoiceControl,"Option1")
0 Kudos