cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hiding Repeating Section with respect to a column in a repeating section

Hi,

I have a repeating section in the Nintex workflow with multiple columns in it. In the section there is a column where manager will approve or reject the fields. I need to assign a task and to show the fields only which are approved from previous manager. Its Urgent can someone help me on this

Thanks in advance.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Hiding Repeating Section with respect to a column in a repeating section

I have a repeating section in the Nintex workflow

I think it should have been in Nintex Forms...

to the point of your question, I afraid you haven't chosen good approach. apart from problems to show/hide subset of repeating section rows at different stages of approval process, you will will definitely encounter problems with approval process/workflow itself. the main reason is that (approval) tasks are related to whole item, so you can not create tasks for different repeating section rows of a given item OOTB.

your better option would be to split all the repeating section rows to a separate list - one item per very single repeating section row, and create a workflow on that second list that will send out tasks to responsibles. after the response from a responsible the workflow could update status of respective repeating section row in master list according approval outcome.

let us know if you insist on the concept you drawn. but that would definitely need much more info about the business process you are designing, like how to deal with not yet approved rep. section rows, is approval of single rows sequential or can it run in parallel, what is condition to end workflow (note workflow will run on item) - eg. one approved row ends workflow or majority approved rows end workflows or all of then have to be approved, etc....

after you clarify your business process, one  might think how to achieve it, but I would see it really problematic and complicated.

0 Kudos