Nintex Document Approval/Timelock

• 12 August 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Greetings all,

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas regarding the issue that I'm facing.

I'm currently working on a school project virtually with 5 other people.  Our group decided to use SharePoint in order to allow us to make changes to our document.  

That being said, prior to submitting our final project to the professor, we want to get every team member's consensus and I want to know if there is an approval mechanism that once each member of the team concurs with the document, the document or document library is locked and no one else is allowed to make changes  or is there a time mechanism function that can be set within SharePoint.  

For example, if team members are to provide their comments by 5:00 pm and it is 5:01 pm, the document is locked and no edits can be entered.

I am able to design the workflow and allow approval/concurrence from each team member but i do not have the knowledge on how to lock the document automatically.

Thank you in advance for any advice/suggestions provided!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
You could have a scheduled workflow run at the deadline and change the permissions on the item to stop it being edited.
Badge +1

Hi Simon,

From what you suggested it sounds like it requires "manual process" instead of automated, am i correct?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
Nintex is all about automation :) I wouldnt suggest a manual process.
You can schedule a workflow to run daily at 5pm and any item that has a due date for that day you can change the permissions on.
Badge

Hi wongalex07,

You could use a workflow task process that would not continue the workflow till all members had accepted the document. The workflow could then be setup to change the status and lock to document