K2 Studio Check In and Check Out Usage

• 15 March 2011
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi All,

Has anyone here used the Document Event Check In and Check Out in K2 Studio?

We have a document collaboration process wherein different users could edit the same form (using InfoPath 2007 and K2 InfoPath Client Event), placing their inputs on different fields. The process is in Parallel and every one in the destination users could edit any time.

Our concern is that when two users open the same form at around the same time, or before the other user submits the form, it happens that the latest submit of form overwrites the other form. In this, we needed the Check Out and Check In capabilities.

I added the Check Out and Check In before and after the InfoPath Client event, respectively. Unfortunately, the Checked Out To field in the SharePoint Document Library contains the System Account, rather than who opened / editted the form. I need this Checked Out To field to contain the actual user editting the form to avoid having two or more people overwrite each others' work done.

How could I change the System Account part upon checking out of document unto the current user editting the form?

I am using MOSS 2007 and K2 BlackPoint 4.5.

1 reply

Badge +4

This is a little bit tricky, I have done some interesting things with blackpoint around this sort of requirements but you get the full power in blackpearl. You can do a little bit of code behind in Infopath to achieve this as What you need is as soon as the task is opened (you dont know when and who will open it first and  complete) you need to check it out to that user.