Question regarding escalations

• 1 February 2006
  • 6 replies

Badge +8
Hi all ,

I have little question regarding escalations..

Well scenerios is mentioned below

Escalations is reqd at Account Department activity. eg. if Acc dept ppl does not attend to their worklist for 24 hours it should go to account manager which is the next approval.

I tried "go to" property of escalations but it dos not seem to work however "expire" activity works fine but which can not be implemented .

..problem could be

there is line between Acc dept and Acc manager activity and line rule is that when data field named acc dept = approved then it should proceed to acc manager.

I think when i try to use "go to" , the reason it does not go to acc manager could be that line rule is not satisfied ..so it get stuck there ..

one option could be that i generate code for escalation which i specified on acc department activity and in that code i manually assign value to data field acc dept = approve, it should work..but i do not want to use that since they have not approved it actually ..

any other suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

6 replies

Badge +11
Why doesn't the GoTo Escalation seem to work?
Any specific reason why the Expire Escalation can not be implemented?

I would Expire the Activity in the Escalation and add a new line between the two Activities with a line rule similar to: If Activity.Status = "Expired" Then...

In this case if everything goes well and the item is attented to within the 24 hrs, the current line will be followed. If the Activity Escalates, the new Line will be followed.

Hope this helps,
Ockert
Badge +8
Any issues expiring activity and then using line rule like if activity.expire and sending it you next activity.

Is view flow be affected by this ..i mean will it still show activity red and how about if it gets rejected by next activity .. mean will all the functinality be performed on expired activity..

Please reply ASAP ....thanks
Badge +11
Any issues expiring activity and then using line rule like if activity.expire and sending it you next activity.
None.

Is view flow be affected by this ..i mean will it still show activity red and how about if it gets rejected by next activity .. mean will all the functinality be performed on expired activity..
The only functionality which negatively affects Viewflow is - GotoActivity - which Viewflow can not display properly. Expiring an Activity however, should not have any negative impact - the appropriate lines will be GREEN and RED and the next Activity will be shown as 'Active'.

The best would be to test it and see for yourself.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +8
Could you please tell me how do i get "If Activity.Status = "Expired""

In line rule i tried sourcecode.ko.activity but it does not have expired property

Thanks in advance
Badge +8
Well i am not able to get the process at next level .... i have used K2.Activity.Status in line rule.

It just get's expired once escalation criteria is met and next level does not show that activity ?

Any help will b appreciated
Badge +11
Sorry for the delay, for some reason I couldn't upload the attached file.

If you still do not get it right, I would recommend opening a formal support ticket for this.

Hope this helps,
Ockert