How to start a workflow by adding a new item using a Nintex Form

• 26 January 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

Currently, when I add an item to my list (using the standard Sharepoint form), my Nintex workflow immediately starts.  I would like to replace the standard form, with a Nintex Form and continue to run my workflow as it does with the standard form.

I have created a Nintex form but I cannot figure out how to get it to launch when "new item" is selected on my list.  Or, if there is a better way to get it to launch, that is fine.  And then I want it to run my workflow as the standard form does. 

Does this make sense?  

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Susie,

If your workflow is starting when you create a new item in your list using a "standard" form then you don't need to change anything with the workflow.  I'm guessing you've set the "Start when items are created" option in the workflow settings. 

As for Nintex Forms, my guess is that you have created and saved the form but you haven't published it and that's why the standard form still appears when you hit the "new item" button.  Go into the forms designer and you'll see a publish button (just like workflow).

If that doesn't work then maybe you have multiple content types on that list and you've created the form against a content type that isn't the default etc.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Chris

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I agree with Chris,

there shouldn't be any difference in workflow start behaviour whether you use a standard form or a Nintex form.

Could you give us a screenshot of your workflow settings screen if Chris' approach doesn't help you?

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +7

Thanks to both of you.  The problem is now resolved.  Here is what I did:

1.   First I "published" the form.  (I don't think it was previously published, but not sure).  But that did not solve the problem.

2.  Then I realized that the List was associated with an InfoPath form.  So I disassociated the InfoPath form using this link

That did it.  So, I'm not sure if step 2 alone would have worked without step 1.  But problem is fixed. 

Thanks again!