K2 InfoPath deployment

• 17 June 2008
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hello,

I've got a question concerning the deployment of InfoPath forms and Data Connections.

Following scenario:

Disconnected development workstation - InfoPath form with managed code - deployment through deployment packages 

It's quite easy to customize various settings through Environment variables as long as they are controlled within a K2 process within VisualStudio. But how are variables within an InfoPath Form handled? Let's say I want to submit an InfoPath form to a specific Sharepoint Document Library. So I open the form through the Desgin Button from the K2 Info Path Integration, create a new data connection to submit data, specify a document library on a SharePoint site, hack in the name of the document library and a file name based on a field and finish the wizard. So far so good - everything works fine in the development environment - generation and submission of Infopath forms works fine.

Now to deployment (this is where my headache starts...)

I create a deployment package as susbscribed in the product documentation, and deploy it to the production environment. The deployment works fine without warnings or error messages. (I also go through the process of uploading the form as template as described in posting 18343). So far so good - let's create a new Infopath document in the library and try to Submit - Here's where everything ends - the Sharepoint Document Library which was specified during the creation of a new data connection within InfoPath is hard coded and for sure cannot be found in a production environment when site names or ports are different. Am I missing something here - is there a solution for this problem?

In addition to this I'd like to ask whether or when data connection files are needed in a K2 - Infopath scenario. When I create a data connection and convert it to a data connection file, it is not included in a deployment package....

Thankful for anyone sheding some light on this..... 

1 reply

Badge +9

for anyone who runs into this problem and finds this post, please see the workarounds posted at the following link:
http://k2underground.com/forums/24551/ShowThread.aspx#24551