Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hidden Controls - In Panels

Jump to solution

Hi

I have just rebuilt my form completely to be in a tabbed form, in 3 sections using panels.

This is all working very well, I used this to help

Create Tab like functionality on your Nintex Forms

However, I have an issue with my Section 2.  I have tried to use "rules" to hide some of my items on the form.  These worked absolutely fine when the form was no in a section/panel.  I also note when the rules are not applied the form looks fine.

As soon as the rules are added, the form looks odd -

If I use the one rule that I added it unhides the "label" -

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this may be happening?  I am trying the rule order?  Perhaps put these in a panel inside a panel?  I have rebuilt the rules but need some guidance on this as I am really struggling as to why it may be happening on the form.

I have come across this Collapsing form height when controls are hidden   but I am not sure this is what I am after?

Thanks

Karen

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Hidden Controls - In Panels

Jump to solution

You are on the right track. The alignment can be affected by the use of panels or selecting multiple controls with no panel. Are your radio buttons with the border all within a panel? Are these panels sharing an edge in the designer? What happens if you select the three controls to use the rule without a panel? Rule order does make a difference. So if the form tries to show the second panel before the first, these alignment issues can occur because the form tries to collapse the space between them. For large panels I use this ability so they stack accordingly, I also have panels one on top of the other when on the designer for tabs.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi

Thank you for making me think through this - Andrew Glasser​ .

Firstly my rules were not quite in the right order and some of the two of the controls were sharing the rules and disappearing incorrectly. 

I have also solved this by adding these controls on there on individual panels within the overall panel which has made the form easier to control.

Originally the controls were just sitting on the first panel and when they were selected on the form it looked like they were "floating".  I guess when they were added into there own smaller panels they were no longer floating (I hope that made sense)

Thanks again.

Karen

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

That's a good change. It will definitely help in the future if you have to make changes to the rule formulas. Now make it Mobile!

0 Kudos