cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi -- is it possible that formatting rules do not work in Nintex Mobile Phone form layouts? I have a form with formatting rules that work fine in every layout other than in Nintex Mobile Phone layouts.

The following is the formatting rule, with the "hide" box below checked.

ColorScheme!="Tangerine Sangria" || Theme!="Chicago"

ColorScheme and Theme are named controls, and Tangerine Sangria (Color Scheme option) and Chicago (Theme option) are radio button choices that can be selected on the form.  This rule works fine in every layout other than the Nintex Mobile Phone Layout.

Labels: (1)
12 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Hi -- is it possible that formatting rules do not work in Nintex Mobile Phone form layouts? I have a form with formatting rules that work fine in every layout other than in Nintex Mobile Phone layouts.

try to use or() function instead of || javascript operator.

see the blogpost published few days ago  

jonathankite
Nintex Newbie

Re: Hi -- is it possible that formatting rules do not work in Nintex Mobile Phone form layouts? I have a form with formatting rules that work fine in every layout other than in Nintex Mobile Phone layouts.

I cannot get hide formatting rules to work using the same exact rule on a nintex mobile forms layout vs a desktop layout.

Automation Master
Automation Master

thanks for sharing

what's the question to the forum???

without sharing details about what you are trying to achieve, what's your setup, what problems/errors you have you can hardly expect any useful responses.

consider as well rather creating new question with all the details described.

0 Kudos
jonathankite
Nintex Newbie

Re: Hi -- is it possible that formatting rules do not work in Nintex Mobile Phone form layouts?  I have a form with formatting rules that work fine in every layout other than in Nintex Mobile Phone layouts.

Sorry - I was just confirming that I also couldn't get hidden pannels to work.  I'm using Office 365.  I am trying to hide a panel based on the value of a text field not equaling something.  So Field !="Value".  These operators don't seem to work.  

Automation Master
Automation Master

just like I recommended above, try to change your formula to:

not(equals(Field,"Value"))

jonathankite
Nintex Newbie

I have tried that exact format not(equals(Title,"Reschedule")) and while it works on desktop it still does not work on nintex mobile.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Hi -- is it possible that formatting rules do not work in Nintex Mobile Phone form layouts?  I have a form with formatting rules that work fine in every layout other than in Nintex Mobile Phone layouts.

what the Title is?

is it item field or control name or variable?

do you test in NEW or EDIT mode?

hopefully you understand difference of using item's fields and named controls/variables in formulas...

jonathankite
Nintex Newbie

Maybe I don't - this is a new item using a named control (Title is a named control).  This works on desktop as a runtime function (where the panel is visible, then it is not visible when the Title control equals the value "Reschedule")

Automation Master
Automation Master

ok, let's try following then.

place 3 calc value controls on mobile form and setup their formulas to:

- Title

- equals(Title,'Reschedule")

- not(equals(Title,'Reschedule"))

how do they evaluate?

have you checked on desktop developer console whether there are not reported any errors?

what mobile platform do you test on?