cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hi, Is there a way to create an item in antoher site with a blank date field?

Jump to solution

I have a site workflow that "publishes" list items in another site weekly (using the 'create an item in another site' action) so a different audience can view the list. The list i'm publishing from has a useful field called "planned date", and this field remains blank until a certain point in a separate process. I'd like the new items i'm creating to contain the items regardless of whether they have "planned date" filled in or not, however the workflow errors if this field is blank.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
paul_crawford
Nintex Newbie

Re: Hi, Is there a way to create an item in antoher site with a blank date field?

Jump to solution

Hi Tom

Try creating a text variable and setting this to the Planned Date. This will be set to 01/01/0001 00:00:00 if the Planned Date is empty. Set a condition congifured as below:

Capture.PNG

In the no branch of the condition, run your create item in another site action and include updating the Planned Date set to the current item Planned Date value.

In the yes branch of the condition, run your create item in another site action without updating the Planned Date.

Something like this:

Capture.PNG

Let me know if this works

Regards

Paul

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Hi, Is there a way to create an item in antoher site with a blank date field?

Jump to solution

Yes this worked perfectly thanks! Sorry it took a while to try it out, I have very limited development time....

0 Kudos