cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hi, I am new to Nintex, I need to send a weekly email to every user, a list of 'Tasks' that are 'Assigned' to him/her

I am trying to set up a workflow that sends a weekly email all users, a list of 'tasks' that they have been assigned.

Labels: (2)
13 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Hi, I am new to Nintex, I need to send a weekly email to every user, a list of 'Tasks' that are 'Assigned' to him/her

I suggest you to configure it on each task action on the "Reminder" section.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Hi, I am new to Nintex, I need to send a weekly email to every user, a list of 'Tasks' that are 'Assigned' to him/her

Hello Sajith,

You can query the tasks list (can use web service call), and filter the items which are not completed. Then you can send the consolidated result to each one of the task owner.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Do these tasks change every week? If not, I'd recommend creating a Flexi Task and setting the weekly reminder in it like Fernando suggested.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Soni Reddy

What you suggest seems to be the way to go, but me being a novice, could I request you to take me through the steps.

Thanks

Sajith

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi burkslm

Thank you for responding, the tasks are updated atleast once a week.

Regards

Sajith

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Fernando

The users create these tasks by themselves, I was looking for a way to build a workflow that is timed to run every Sunday (the first day of the week for us here) and sends an email to all users what have 'active' tasks in the task list.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hello Sajith,

Create a site workflow, use Query List action. Filter the items where status is not completed. You can use more filters based on your exact requirement. You can view the tasks list by using the URL: https://yourweburl/Lists/Workflow Tasks/AllItems.aspx

For suppose you can get ID's of those tasks, save them in ID collection Nintex workflow variable. Loop through these ID's and send email to the person who is the task owner (Assigned To is the column name on the tasks list)

In case you are not using the OOB tasks list in your workflow then you have to query your custom tasks list!

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi

We have done a similar thing to send out reminders but not on a Task list. However the concept could work

1)Query the list by applying the filter criteria to return the Items.

2)Get the field (user name) and put it into a collection

3)Use collection operation, to remove duplicates and put into another collection

4)Now loop through the new collection

5)Query the list again and now filter using the appropriate criteria and as well as the User name you have in the collection

6)Build a string to generate the body of the email

7)Finally email with the data

we send out reminders every week and send out all the jobs assigned to an assignee and send out one email with one or more Items (with the link to the item). It works well.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Sajith Kumar​ did you resolve your issue?

Accept as Solution Reply