Does anyone did a performance test on k2 workflows.

Badge +2

Hi,

we have used the K2 Blackpearl with asp.net & WCF and we are doing Performance testing on that asp.net web site.  The .net web app will invoke custom WCF call to kick off the workflow & there after the k2 create task to user & with using custom K2 workflow task will show the task on to the custom asp.net web page.. Like this the workflow will progress to till end.

The HP Performance Tool will record the above said steps and play/rerun them as a sequence in the HP Performance Center.  we will play the script for 10,30,50,100,300,600 user etc.,

i would like to know few things:

• Any messurements need to take from K2 side to speed up in creation of workflow tasks.
  • Disabled all the logs.
  • Does the K2 server has a capacity to hold huge number requests.
  • What is the cut-off / benchmark that a single K2 server can serve requests.

Please Share your thoughts and ideas!!!

Thanks,

adari

5 replies

Badge +2

Hi Ruben,

Can you please explain bit clearly.

Here on my testing.. The K2 & asp.net application is working properly and as expected. However, when we increase more no.of users e.g: 10 users to 30 users. from the Performance center.  The K2 is unable to create the tasks properly. 

• Some times, the K2 is not creating the workflow task for the users.
  • very occationally got an error - Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
  • throws some exception saying -- Object '/5590f5d9_9a5b_4e63_a895_8a89ff5ec83a/urelnc+4e53rdbfms7pftj_s_1846.rem' has been disconnected or does not exist at the server.-- this occurred when there is huge load on to the server to 50 user or more.

How to calculate the time took by k2 server to create a task and available to process in K2 worklist.

My Custom workflow has interaction with 3rd party commnunication too., in this case we have some kind of simulator to send a request; everything is working fine.

If you have any thoughts, please share why the k2 failing & if possible give me some light on how to troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Adari

Badge +3
Hi Adari,

This sounds like an issue way back that was fixed in 1170, you can reference the following for more information.

>http://help.k2.com/en/KB001146.aspx

>The following article has some good information:

http://ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2005/08/01/async_webservices.html

Best regards,
Brink
Badge +2

Thanks Brink for the quick response.

I need to check it out.

Badge +2

Brnik,

Oops.. The hot fix for K2 blackpearl 4.5 (4.10060.1.x).  My deployed version is 0807 (4.8210.x.x)
any other article or KB please.

Thanks,

Adari

Badge +3

We have a similiar setup, with ASPX web application calling WCF service that uses K2 API to start process and perform actions.  We did load testing using HP Load Runner (which really measured response from the web application).  For getting performance within the WCF in between the K2 API calls, we added custom logging messages, that write out to our logging solution.

Not sure I answered your original question, other than, we have a similiar setup.