cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Help building a workflow.

Hello - I am new to Nintex Workflows and looking for some advice on how to go about building a Nintex work flow in SharePoint 2013/2016.

I want to accomplish the following:

1. New list item is created > email notification is sent to specific recipient.

(I know the workflow settings can be set to start upon creation of new item. It's the next items I'm finding challenging; not sure which Nintex Workflow Actions to use)

2. That Recipient changes the column value "Status" to Assigned > email notification is sent to Creator.

3. Recipient completes the task and changes the same column value "Status" to Completed > email notification is sent to Creator.

I have tried different combinations of  actions (e.g., Send Notification, Run if) but haven't quite figured it out. Any guidance or examples you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Help building a workflow.

I think one way to do this is to have three workflow. First would be your step 1. Second and third would be your step 2 and 3. Your step 2 workflow is set to run conditionally when an item is modified (so Workflow Settings > Start when items are modified = Conditional, and then the condition would be "status column = 'Assigned'"). And step 3 workflow is like the step 2.

Does that work? I think it should work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Help building a workflow.

Hi @amerky10 ,

This sounds to me like a task action is what you are looking for. The workflow would send an email to the initiator letting them know who it was being assigned to, it would then assign a task to that person and once it is completed the workflow would then email the initiator. I have included a couple useful links below and attached a workflow example.

0 Kudos