How to Clear control selections when hidden

• 28 November 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello

I have searched all over and I haven't found a fix for this. Hopefully someone here can help. The only fixes I have found is to code using JavaScript, however this is not an option using the responsive forms.

When the user selects "Packaging" from the Packaging or Ingredient Change choice control, the Packaging change type choice control appears. The opposite happens when they select "Ingredient".

If the user ticks a few and then decides its an ingredient change, when the Packaging Change Type control is hidden, their selections still remain. How can these be cleared when hidden WITHOUT javascript?

Initial set up

Form View

User then changes their mind and changes the selection from Packaging to Ingredient

The selections made under Packaging are still there. These need to be cleared somehow.

Thanks

5 replies

Badge +1

Hi 

How are your rules? 

I've tried to rebuild your solution but it doesn't take the value from the other choice..

Cheers

Badge +2

Hello

Against the Packaging Change Type container, I have a hide rule when Packaging or Ingredient Change? container is not "Packaging". PackagingorIngredientChange!=="Packaging"

And then against the Ingredient Change Type container, I have a hide rule when Packaging or Ingredient Change? container is not "Ingredient". PackagingorIngredientChange!=="Ingredient".

Badge +1

Hi

I build it like you have. Dropdown with two choices 221510_pastedImage_1.png

2 choices one  "Packaging" and one " Ingredients"

221511_pastedImage_6.png

221512_pastedImage_7.png

Rules:

One for the Panel(Container)

then hide

One for the choice "Ingredient"

then hide

One for the other choice "Packaging" 

then hide
It doesn't take the value.. Do you have almost the same?
Badge +2

Hello

Thanks for that. It makes sense now. When a field is hidden (even if it was filled in error and then hidden again) whatever they did select doesn't not get submitted and go into the list.

Thanks for your help

Badge +3

If neither is connected to a column, it's never going to store either value.  If you connect the two dependent choice fields to a column, it will still retain the value selected (even if hidden).  How do you resolve this in responsive?