Email workflow not working - sending to groups

• 10 December 2019
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi all,

I have a workflow that emails a different Sharepoint email group depending on a condition (whether an incident is 1, 2 or 3).

The 2 scenario has stopped working for the following error message I believe is because it cannot find the email group?

I have checked the group still exists, and is set up the same as the 1 and 3 email groups that still work fine? I have tried deleting and readding the group and it is still not working correctly?

'RequestorId: e59a28d1-031e-7555-0000-000000000000. Details: System.Activities.Statements.WorkflowTerminatedException: SharePoint operation 'GetUsersByGroupNameAsync' did not return successfully. Status Code: [InternalServerError]{"odata.error":{"code":"-2146232832, Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"Group cannot be found."}}}'

3 replies

Badge +12

@jonbrigdale ......are those SharePoint groups or AD groups? If either, please check no one has deleted it by accident.

Badge +1

Hi @kunalpatel , SharePoint groups and 100% still there

Badge +12

@jonbrigdale .....can you match the string values of your SP group in your email with actual SP group? Maybe there is a blank space or something either in the name or in To/CC field....because as you can see it does say ".....message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"Group cannot be found.....".

That's the only explaination which is making sense here.