Getting destination user from Child process of an IPC event

• 3 April 2013
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

I have a process that uses an IPC event so that for each destination user their input (Infopath form) will be writtent seperately to a Sharepoint List. I am also using a repeating node in the form for multiple items for the dest user to respond too.

The infopath client event is in the parent process. The IPC event is in the same activity as the Infopath client event so that a seperate process is kicked off for each destination user which is selected from a repeating dropdown list on the start form. All of the form data is written correctly except I cant seem to get the destination user data into the list. Either it writes all dest users to the same field or I get nothing, I have tried to pull the ActivityInstanceDestUserName but I get the dreaded "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.".  All I am looking for is an entry in the List that has the destination user with the rest of the data that they entered. I get the data but not the destinaton user. I would think that the child process would be able to suply the dest user name fairly easily. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

1 reply

Badge +8

For the ActInstDest to work, you will need to configure the Destination to use Plan per Slot. That way you can get the Destination User for that instance, which you can then pass to the child IPC to be written to your list.