10521 Server was unable to process request User cannot be found

• 1 December 2008
  • 2 replies

Badge

Howdy,

I've found a few posts relating to my error in the blackpoint forum area but decided to start a fresh on as i'm using blackpearl of the latest revision 4.8210.2.330 and i didn't find any solutions anyways,

Basically I'm confused and slowly obtaining a bald spot due to trying to connect to a restored site collection via smart objects, I'm running 2 VM's on vmware 3.5 that are win 2003 SP2 R2, there is K2 / Workspace / sql 2005 on 1 box and MOSS standalone installation on the other.

I think the key to my error is that the site i'm trying to connect to is a retore from a site collection backup, as i can setup a fresh new site, do the spn and kerberos thing and it all seems to work fine, but if i try to connect to my restored site i get the following error from the console. (see below)

The app pool identity account have slowly become Farm admins and the k2service account is a site collection admin and a farm admin now,

Debug   1035 Session Marshal CDA46AE4ED53A6BE8D524B34F04C8E53.SourceCode.SmartOb
jects.Runtime.SmartObjectManagementServer.GetServiceInstanceSchemaDoc
Info    10530 Executing Method: 'GetServiceInstanceSchemaDoc( d:program filesk
2 blackpearlServiceBrokerSourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.SharePoint.dll , str
ing CompletedConfig)' ...
Error   10521 SmartObject Runtime.Management General Error: 'Server was unable t
o process request. ---> User cannot be found.'
Error   10521 SmartObject Runtime.Management General Error: 'Server was unable t
o process request. ---> User cannot be found.
'
Error   2025 Error Marshalling SourceCode.SmartObjects.Runtime.SmartObjectManage
mentServer.GetServiceInstanceSchemaDoc, Server was unable to process request. --
-> User cannot be found.

Error   2025 Error Marshalling SourceCode.SmartObjects.Runtime.SmartObjectManage
mentServer.GetServiceInstanceSchemaDoc, Server was unable to process request. --
-> User cannot be found.

Error   8060 ProcessPacket Error, Server was unable to process request. ---> Use
r cannot be found.

PLEASE! ..... if anyone has managed to do the same thing but get it working I'd love to know what steps you took in all of this, I don't think i'm the only person in the world mkaing a copy of my live intranet site for developers to play with using k2 ???

2 replies

Badge +5

I am also having this error when I try to add a SharePoint service instance for a child site in the Workspace.  The top level site, lets call it http://parentsite works fine, however when I add an instance for http://parentsite/childsite I get errors.  Does anyone know why this is the case?  The reason I am doing this is so that I can access lists that are only on the child site.

"187215599","2009-12-16 06:30:27","Error","SmartObjects","10521","GeneralError","SourceCode.SmartObjects.Runtime.SmartObjectManagementServer [GetServiceInstanceSchemaDoc( c:program filesk2 blackpearlServiceBrokerSourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.SharePoint.dll , string CompletedConfig)]","10521 SmartObject Runtime.Management General Error: 'Server was unable to process request. ---> User cannot be found.
'","anonymous","0.0.0.0","FEMADEVAPP:c:program filesk2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","187215599","97c881bbd353496fbbcdbca9ff0a96f7",""
"187215600","2009-12-16 06:30:27","Error","System","2025","InternalMarshalError","SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostServerBroker.InternalMarshal","2025 Error Marshalling SourceCode.SmartObjects.Runtime.SmartObjectManagementServer.GetServiceInstanceSchemaDoc, Server was unable to process request. ---> User cannot be found.

","system","10.200.65.83","FEMADEVAPP:c:program filesk2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","187215600","1484ca5badcb4de899a19bb546df0694",""
"187215601","2009-12-16 06:30:27","Error","System","2025","InternalMarshalError","SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Services.TCPClientSocket.InternalMarshal","2025 Error Marshalling SourceCode.SmartObjects.Runtime.SmartObjectManagementServer., Server was unable to process request. ---> User cannot be found.

","system","10.200.65.83","FEMADEVAPP:c:program filesk2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","187215601","158fcc019a5f457496e9831fbba31c5f",""
"187215602","2009-12-16 06:30:27","Error","Unknown","8060","ProcessPacketError","SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Services.TCPClientSocket.ProcessPacket","8060 ProcessPacket Error, Server was unable to process request. ---> User cannot be found.

Badge +4

I think I may be able to help both of you!  I ran into a very similar issue at the current client site I am at.

Let me briefly explain my problem - I was unable to create a SmartObject service definition based off a SharePoint site for a certain site collection.  In addition to that I was also unable to use the K2 Object browser in Visual Studio to expand certain SharePoint artifacts (Lists, Discussion Boards, etc).

Here is what happens under the cover between SharePoint and K2:

Inside the SharePoint content database for any given site collection there is a UserInfo table which stores information about users (including AD account name and SID).  Now lets say you had a user MYDOMAINHANSOLO that spawned off several Lists in SP, Han ends up leaving the company and his AD account is deleted.  SP will still leave his account in the database (including his SID) and just set it to 'Deleted', I am guessing they do this for referential integrity reasons.  Now if you were to code up a console app and get a hold of one of the SPList's that he created and attempt to read the Author property it blows up with an SPException saying 'User cannot be found'.

This is what causes the issue inside of K2, when you try creating a SO off of a SharePoint site through the SP UI or the Workspace it spins through all the SP artifacts and reads the author property, if the author property corresponds to a user that is no longer in AD K2 surfaces the SP 'User cannot be found' error.

So what is the solution you ask?

You can try a few things,  Microsoft Premiere support recommended to save the List/Doc library template, delete the list (and empty the sites recycle bin) and then recreate the list again.  This actually worked for me.  The other non supported option is to run an update query on the 'bad' SharePoint artifacts and update their Author ID to someone in the UserInfo table that has an AD account.

HTH - PM me if you have any questions.