cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Having Cascading Dropdown Issues

Jump to solution

Hi Folks,

I have a Leave Form and I am trying to get a cascading dropdown setup working so that I can basically double filter a lookup. there are plenty of resources for this here but I cannot seem to get mine working. There are a couple of subtle differences between mine and the examples but nothing I would expect to cause the filter to fail.

I set up a dummy solution to reduce any extraneous complexity in my production form from getting in the way.

Example for is very basic... Just the default content and two list lookup controls

Basic Form Layout

The first control successfully looks up an employee name from a list on another sub site.

Employee lookup control configuration

cont...

Employee lookup control configuration cont...

The next lookup control looks up the contract period from a TimeBank where an employee's available leave is stored and filters off of the FullName result of the first lookup control.

Contract Period lookup control configuration.

cont...

Contract Period lookup control configuration cont...

The issue I am having is that the second control does not filter. The list connections seem to be working because when I select filter by specific value on the control and enter a known FullName, the form filters by that name.

Here images images of my results.

This form was based on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx5q31FZF9g (Create a Cascading Drop Down in Nintex Forms for SharePoint) after seeing in in a post recommended by Cassy Freeman‌ and Marian Hatala‌.

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

Patrick

15 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Having Cascading Dropdown Issues

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Add a calculated value control with Formula:

parseLookup(llu_Western_Employee) and name it for example calcCtrl.

For llu_ContractPeriod control, filter by calcCtrl instead of llu_Western_Employee

BR,

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I guess FullName list field is just simple text field, isn't it?

what exact forms version are you on? I recall some version(s) had problems with source view defined on lookup control.

can you maybe try without source view?

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Yes, simple text.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Philip Warrak,

I followed you instruction and the "cv_parseLookupWeserners" control (the name I chose as I have about 30 calc value controls on this form) is successfully populating as soon as an employee is selected from the "llu_Western_Employee" list lookup control. The "llu_ContractPeriod" list lookup control is still NOT populating.

Also, I have confirmed that the FullName in both locations (TimeBank and tbl_Westerners) are identical on the test user I am using.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

have you tested without source view as I advised above?

have a look on release notes - 2.9.1.0, 2.9.2.0, 2.9.3.0 - all of them address some bugs with source view defined for lookup control.

you likely hit some related bug.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Marian Hatala,

Sorry. I did not answer that. I did see the release note issues about source view. I tried it without source view and it still does not work. As a matter of fact, the original issue happened without source view and I added a source view to see if it would work that way.

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

ok.

have you checked developer console whether there are not reported any errors during form load or once you change selection in first dropdown?

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Marian Hatala,

Nothing in the Dev console.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

ok, let's try following:

- add a calculated value control and set its formula to: llu_Western_Employee (named control reference)

- add next calculated value control and set its formula to: 

lookup('TimeBank|/ASP','FullName',parseLookup(llu_Western_Employee ,true),'CP',true)

check whether results of 2nd formula. how does it evaluate? does it return values expected to be populated to second dropdown/

you change selection in first lookup you may watch developer console, lookup() function should write there CAML that queries for data from TImeBank List.

0 Kudos