cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nintex Newbie

Has anyone done anything with SharePoint Surveys in Nintex Workflows?

Jump to solution

I  my experience Surveys are difficult to extract data from in SharePoint. Setting up the survey is easy enough but extracting the data to another list seems to be a bear.

I've had a client who wants to add some additional columns as a follow-up or response to some the survey answers.

My only suggest was to create another list from the Excel Export and import it into another list. In the other list, I can add additional columns.

What I don't like about my solution is that it is manual and requires a re-import every time I want new data. Now a Nintex Form can be formatted and makes a nice container for looking at individual survey's and the response.

Anyone else tangle with this beast. I see no easy ways to get workflows into survey lists.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Has anyone done anything with SharePoint Surveys in Nintex Workflows?

Jump to solution

Hi Stephan!  For these "additional survey questions" -- would they be immediately determined by the answers given? Or is this a follow-up as determined by other users?  If it's a multiple choice type situation, you can hide / show fields based on the response using a Nintex form. 

Mind you, I'm going from a standpoint of "I wouldn't use SP Surveys, I'd use Nintex and build my own" and that may not be what you're looking for. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Has anyone done anything with SharePoint Surveys in Nintex Workflows?

Jump to solution

The follow-up will be determined by the person monitoring the survey.

I'm curious as to how you would use Nintex to build the survey. I guess it could just be a list with a Nintex Form. The views for the survey results would not be as straight forward.

0 Kudos