cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

HI Please help me to extract email from the text EX : vamsi<vamsi1@gmail.com> .. I need output as vamsi1@gmail.com

Jump to solution

HI Please help me to extract email from the text for example : vamsi<vamsi1@gmail.com> ..

I need output as vamsi1@gmail.com

Please provide me solution urgently.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Not applicable

Re: HI Please help me to extract email from the text EX : vamsi<vamsi1@gmail.com> .. I need output as vamsi1@gmail.com

Jump to solution

Using workflow regular expression .. The below expression is not working

(?<=\<)\w+(?=\>)

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: HI Please help me to extract email from the text EX : vamsi<vamsi1@gmail.com> .. I need output as vamsi1@gmail.com

Jump to solution

Hi Vamsi,

how about this:

\w+@\w+\.\w+

Vadim

0 Kudos
mlauer
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Vadim

Your regex is working as long as local part of mail does'nt contains any special charcaters, e.g. '.' or '-' or '_'.

So I would use following regex:

[^ <>@]+@[^ <>@]+

Other special characters not allowed in mail adress can be added to negation groups.

Kind regards

Manfred

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Good point Manfred.  Thanks for catching that.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank You Manfred. Your expression is working . Awesome !!

Your star ***

Could you please explain that expression in elaborately that will helpful for us more. And share if you have any reference links for Nintex regular expression where we can learn more.

Thank you once again.

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

I use this site : http://www.regexr.com

It's got cheatsheets and is where I can test out regular expressions (most of them), quite easily.

Vadim

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank You Vadim..

I am having one more issue in nintex ..

After taking email trying to update value into multiline text box column getting error message "The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information."

Note : this error occurs if email contains hypen and underscore (vams-nintex@gmail.com and vamsi_nintex@gmail.com)

The above values unable to update . Please help me.

0 Kudos
mlauer
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi vamsi

You can get an explanation of regex at https://www.regex101.com/ . There You can also test regular expression but keep in mind that Nintex is using .NET regular expressions (see Regular Expression Language - Quick Reference ).

/[^ <>@]+@[^ <>@]+/

• [^ <>@]+ match a single character not present in the list below
    • Quantifier: + Between one and unlimited times, as many times as possible, giving back as needed [greedy]
    • <>@ a single character in the list <>@ literally (case sensitive)
  • @ matches the character @ literally
  • [^ <>@]+ match a single character not present in the list below
    • Quantifier: + Between one and unlimited times, as many times as possible, giving back as needed [greedy]
    • <>@ a single character in the list <>@ literally (case sensitive)

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Vamsi,

try building a simple workflow with just the Update Item action.  Paste the data into it and see if that works.

Then create a variable, store the data in there (Build String) and use that in the Update Item and try that.

Hopefully it helps you get to the bottom of what is causing that.

Vadim

0 Kudos