I use a web service call in a Nintex workflow to grant SharePoint permissions in SharePoint 2013 to users and groups.
I can assign permissions to an Active Directory user without issues if I use the Claims form of the user account.
But when I try to do it with an Active Directory group, it does not work.
I use the usergroup.asmx webservice and the AddUserToRole method. Give it the roleName and domain\group as userLoginName.
What happens is that the workflow adds the group to the site user list and the permissions seem to be granted. But it does not work. It has no effect.
If I remove the AD group from the permission list and add it manually, it works.
Thanks for help
just in case, someone else might have the issue:
I got it working, using the SID of the AD Group as userLoginName in the webservice call: