sending mail using gmail smtp not work in nintex workflow

Badge +2

Hi

I'm using nintex workflow on my sharepoint 2013 farm,

I configured my nintex global settings with smtp.gmail.com and auth info , but nothing sent from workflow action send notification .

I use smtp2go and it is work perfectly, but smtp.gmail.com not work !

How can i see some log about it or troubleshot it ?

12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi, which SMTP port are you using? Default would be port 25, but GMail uses 587 (TLS) or 465 (SSL).....

Badge +2

Hi

Thanks for your reply,

How can i see which port that nintex use for SMTP connection ?

I saw the port that used in my firewall and it was 25 .

How can i change it ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Please see the link in this post: https://community.nintex.com/message/64059-re-how-can-i-use-port-587-in-the-nintex-workflow-email-setting?commentID=64059#comment-64059

Badge +2

Thanks,

I changed it to 587 and 465, but still i can't send email to any addresses .

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Are these ports allowed in your network/firewall?

Badge +2

Yes, absolutely !

I checked it again and these port like 25 are open in my firewall .

Is there any way that i can debug this problem ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

In which case I would use an email client (Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird) and set it up to use a Gmail account with the given GMail server settings and check if you can send email from the mail client.

Badge +2

I can send email from my python code or client with gmail smtp server, but in nintex i can not send email with gmail smtp I use smtp2go smtp server and works fine in nintex, but gmail smtp not work . why ?!

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Is (the correct) IIS configured correctly to relay emails to smtp.gmail.com (e.g. no typing mistake)? Is the gmail account (if atl necessary) still valid? Can you ping or tracert smtp.gmail.com from any of the involved servers??

Badge

Using Gmail SMTP Server is quite easy. firstly you have to connect using SSL or TLS, after that you can send mail to anyone with smtp.gmail.com. just keep in mind two things first if you're using SSL Connect to  smtp.gmail.com on port 465  and if you're using TLSt hen you have to  Connect on port 587. for more email related information visit 

AT&T Email Support

Badge

I have recently started a website, the info you offer on this site has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work.

Step-by-Step Guide to  Brother Wireless Printer Setup on your Device by Our Customer Service Team At Just One Call Just clicking by the Link.

Badge

The mail server that you have set ready for active email is the thing that will deal with that, and is the place rules would be set in regard to outside email addresses. Nintex shouldn't mind in any case.

The explanation you can't do what you are attempting to manage without custom code, or following my proposal of going down the FBA course is on the grounds that without a client being signed in and have an email address connected to them or some way or another demonstrating what their email address is and afterwards custom code handeling the rest the email server has no location to send an email to printer repair.