cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

GetRunningWorkflowTasksForCurrentUser

GetRunningWorkflowTasksForCurrentUser is not working from Infopath when upgrading to Nintex 2013

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: GetRunningWorkflowTasksForCurrentUser

Could you tell us which product version do you now have?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi, do you use a data connection file udcx?

In your context can you use GetRunningWorkflowTasksForListItem? It works perfectly for me : I set itemId and listName on the data connection and after submitted the data connection I filter results on SharePointTaskId[UserID = nomUtilisateur()]

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Mohamed,

the problem is that SharePoint 2013 uses claims based authentication, and InfoPath forms cannot use your own context for some of these web service calls.

There is a workaround to this:

You can use the GetRunningWorkflowTasksCollection method instead, and pass the user() as the userlogin (dont forget to add the claims token i:0#.w|). In the connection file (udcx) you can now add a SSO app with a user account that has the required permissions.

Here is a good guide on how to configure this (shows how to configure the Secure Store, InfoPath and UDCX): How to Enable SSO For Web Services Used in InfoPath Form in SharePoint 2013

Hope this helps, please dont hesitate to ask if you need more information.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply ,

You are right , the problem is that SharePoint 2013 uses claims based authentication, and InfoPath forms cannot use my own context for some of these web service calls,

My problem is the I am doing upgrade from Infopath 2007 to 2013 and for Nintex as well ,So I had to change the web service in all the forms and use GetRunningWorkflowTasks instead ...

No I stuck in another issue which is Approve the form and set outcome using another web service ( processtaskresponse2 ) , which is also not working ..!! any idea ??

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Mohamed,

the webservice for processing task responses also uses the current user context, which wont work anymore.What you can do is to delegate the task (web service method DelegateTask) to the user stored in a SSO app, then call the processtaskresponse2 with the same user.

Alternatively, if you assing the tasks to SPGroups instead of users, you could just add the user from the SSO app to each SPGroup that receives tasks.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply