Solved

Get previous column value in a new form for particular user

• 9 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I created sharepoint list called Fuel reimbursement.I have customized this list using Nintex form.
Every year employee can get 1000$ for fuel reimbursement.suppose employee apply for 300$ then the remaining amount will be 700$.when employee apply for second time then he/she would be able to see this remaining amount means(700$) on the new form.I have one column called "Amount" and other column called "Remaining Amount".
"Amount" column value is coming maually entered by user.
"Remaining Amount" column value is coming from Calculated value of nintex form.
Calculated value=1000$-Amount(which is entered by user).
How i will get this remaining amount value on the new form for that particular employee who
already applied for fuel reimbursement.

Thanks & Regards,

Masroor

icon

Best answer by SimonMuntz 10 February 2020, 03:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
A few different ways you could do this.
The below formula looks up all the entries for an employee. It then finds the latest entry by ID. The highest ID will be the latest entry.
Once we know that, you can lookup the "remaining amount" column for the employee.

lookup("Fuel reimbursement","ID",Max(lookup("Fuel reimbursement","Employee column","Employees name","ID",true)),"Remaining Amount")
Badge +2

Hi Simon,

Thanks for providing me the best solution.I really appreciate your effort.Now i have stucked in one requirement for the same scenario.My requirement is employee can uitilize this reimbursement amount of 1000& for every year.
when next year will come then again employee can get the reimbursement of 1000$.
suppose employee apply first time for 300$, second time applied for 500$ and third time applied for 200$ for the year 2020. Now the remaining amount balance is 0$ for this year.I am hiding the submit button when remaining amount becomes 0$ and displaying the message sorry your reimbursement
amount limit is over please apply next year.when the next year will start then how employee can utilize 1000$ reimbursement.Because in new form remaining amount(calculating by the formula which is given by you) will display 0$.How i will implement this scenario.Employee should get the reimbursement of 1000$ every year.

Waiting for your positive reply.
Please help me to fix this issue.

Badge +3

Hi,

The formula you provided was great and it helped me in few scenarios . Is it possible to provide any custom message if there are no values matching for our lookup condition?

Thanks for your help.