How do I stop an email from being sent when a list item is modified?

• 31 May 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Workflow setup help needed.

Scenario 1:

1. I have a workflow email which will trigger upon a new entry, IF a manager approved field is selected.
  2. I have a workflow email which will trigger when an item is modified, IF a manager approved field is selected.

Today I had a manager submit a new entry with the approval field selected (triggering an email to the client), but the manager then edited the entry a couple minutes later (triggering another email to the client)

So how do I stop the modified email from going out, since the new entry email already triggered?

Scenario 2:

I have a workflow email which will trigger to the client when an item is modified and the manager approved field is selected.

Once the manager approves and saves the form, they may make edits over time to other fields within the form. How do I stop the client email from triggering with each modification.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Katie

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

create a field in list (eg/ yes/no) that will serve as a flag whether mail has already been sent or not.

once you sent mail out, set it to YES.

before sending mail check the flag field and send mail only in case its value is NO.