how to stop adding Approval required tasks (generated from nintex workflow) in Pending List

• 12 September 2016
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hi,

I got strange problem here. Hope i will be able to find some solution here.

• I have a workflow which generated the checklist form for the manager at the end of completing all the tasks for the day
  • This checklist form will be generated from the "Request approval " action of the workflow. & this has been customized/redesigned using info path forms.
  • I configured the workflow to add this checklist form in "Tasks" list.
  • form user/approver observed that this checklist form has been also adding inside the "Pending" list (don't know who have created this, i couldn't find this on other sites). but this form will be in pending list until this is either rejected or approved. i.e checklist form will be there in pending list only when the checklist form is pending for approval.
  • Form user don't want to see these checklist forms to be added in pending list as this is intended for some other documents.
  • when i searched in my workflow i couldn't see any option that i have used to add this form inside the pending list. I don't have permissions to edit this pending list (though i have been waiting for the permissions on pending list)
  • What i have observed is in "Tasks" list there is "Outcome" column based on which the pending list is updated if outcome column shows as "Pending", i couldn't see any option to edit the Outcome column as this is not visible in list settings.

My question here is

1. how come workflow is updating pending list ?

2. how can i stop checklist form to be adding inside the pending list ?

3. Why i am unable to see "Out come " column of Tasks List in list settings ? - i know this belongs to share point, but thought if i can get any answers here at least.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

4 replies

Badge +11

Can you post a screen shot of your workflow?

Badge +3

Hi,

here is my workflow screenshot. It don't have plenty of actions to do

191975_pastedImage_1.png

here is how the Tasks list is updated when the checklist form is generated. Please note that outcome showing as pending (marked in red colour)

191977_pastedImage_4.png

This is how the checklist form is added in pending list when the checklist form is generated

191976_pastedImage_2.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

After you complete the Request Approval task, are the tasks remaining in a Pending state?  Trying to get more clarity on the issue.

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +3

Hi Mike,

Once the checklist form is approved/rejected from Tasks List (usually the manager approves the form from Tasks List) this will be automatically removed from the pending list. we are nothing to do with pending list