How to display approval most recent outcome in SharePoint List column

• 22 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi,

I am trying to display the Workflow most recent outcome in SharePoint list column for each item. My Workflow is a simple 3 step approval process each one following the other, with "Reject" ending the workflow and sending out emails to initiator. In settings I saw "Create workflow status column" checkmark, however it shows eiher "in progress" or "completed" or "rejected". This doesn't give clear understanding in which stage the workflow is, so I want to display the person's name who's approval is pending.

thank you.

Kare'n

1 reply

Badge +3

Hello,

One possible solution to what you're looking for is to add additional columns to your list to indicate where it is at within the approval process.
>Within your workflow, open your 'assign tasks', and set the 'Store outcome in' to a variable.
>Add 'update items' after every Assign Task within your workflow
> Within the 'update item' fill out the update field with 'current item'. For the field, select the designated column you created in your list.
>Outcome Equals 'Workflow Data' and the variable you created to store the outcome from your assign task.

If you have that 'Update Item' after every flexi task, you will then have a list that will indicate who has either approved or rejected the task. From that you can determine where the process is at.

Alternatively, if you select the workflows that are 'in progress' you will be redirected to the Workflow Status that will indicate where and who has been assigned the workflow, its status and outcome.

Hope this helps!