Is there a way to enable a K2 4.7 Black Pearl Server upgrade to k2 Five still deploy apps from 4.6.1

• 13 December 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge +10

Since K2 Black Pearl Support 4.6.11 is gone.. and is mandatory to be in K2 4.7.... and with the recent release of K2 Five.... sound like a good idea to upgrade from K2 4.6.11 to k2 Five. wich is our case.

To our bad luck there is no way to allow and upgraded K2 4.7 -> K2 Five still allow deployment from K2 4.6.11... why is not backwards compatible, with the understanding is only going to allow to deploy as upgrade previous K2 4.7... but for future deployment will export and leave as K2 Five only.

There is way to much risk on breaking things just to trust the upgrade. I don't like it, and I don't like the fact to have to re-work all the created Forms, because our software company decided to upgrade and not provide backwards compatibility for slow migration... not everybody will have only 1 or 2 forms there will be many and with that said, many pieces where something could go wrong.

In my opinion. the way this upgrade should work with an upgrade server is to allow a server 4.7 upgraded to K2 Five. to deploy apps from K2 4.6.11 and k2 4.7. but since it was upgraded to K2 Five.. at the time of re-package the app .. the package as k2 Five App only  This way you can safely deploy into your new K2 Five Farm. with the confidence of testing one app at the the time.

=(

1 reply

Badge +4

Sounds like a good time to change working practices, maybe long overdue then Caveman. We've moved to a quarterly upgrade model so your situation would hopefully never apply to us. You also benefit from a lot of improvements, there's so many bug fixes going from 4.6 to 4.7 Aug 2017 CU too!