How to loop values and store found values to one variable

• 27 January 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi all,

it seems that I cannot do following simple thing. Or at least it feels that it should be simple. what I need to do is:

Get values from list item. And the field where I get values is managed metadata field with multiple values. This works just fine and I get the values out of it. Lets say that values are "12345;54321".

Then I store those values to collection-variable and  add for each "loop". In the for each I would need to query the hidden taxonymy list againsist these values. From hidden taxonymy list I query the "path" (really I just need part of the path value and I do regex cleanup for it) field and I do get the correct value, but here comes then the problem.

As I do have two or more values that I need to loop, I manage to get only the last value from the loop which I can then store to the current item text field.

So what I need is to get both of those values in the field. I have been tryin to store the "path"-value in all possible variables without success. If some one have done similar it would be much appreciated.

1. get multiple (e.g 2 values "12345;54321") values from current item managed metadata

2. query those values in for earch against hidden taxonomy list and get "path"-values

3. Store all 2 values found to current item text field as I single text string.

1 reply

Badge +1

ok, it is nice to be able to aswer to your own question

So here is how I managed to do what I needed to get done.

I added in the foreach two Collection Operations. The first I added count the the amount of items in Collection variable (CollMatateriaDescription) and that I stored to as a Index on every loop. After that I added the second Collection Operation where I used the Add functionality to store the values to CollMatateriaDescription-collection variable and used the index there to add always the next value to the last of the variable string.

The reason for the index was that I needed to have the values in same order as the values are in the column where I got the values for the list query.

Happy happy.