Sharepoint list integration issue

• 13 February 2009
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +3

I switched from a connection from WSS to MOSS and now I am having a problem with a simple list item event. I can build a process and launch the sharepoint events process wizard. I can browse to my server and select the list. I can map the list fields names to process variables or to a new process xml field.

Unfortunately, when I deploy it fails. In visual studio I see these two warnings:

Warning    1    XmlField 'EventDetails' doesn't have an initial value and will be empty when the process starts.   

and 

Warning    2    Schema validation failed for XmlField 'SPEventsField': The element 'Items' has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected: 'Item'.  

When I look at these fields I see that a schema has been added, and some data in the metadata field. I tried just generating sample xml in both fields, but then I get a different deployment error. It seems like I am probably missing something simple here, but it is escaping me!

1 reply

Badge +9

The the best of my knowledge the messages you have posted here are just build warnings, but deployment errors so I don't believe these two messages should cause a deployment failure.

Do you see any specific deployment errors?  You might look in the Output window in VS.  To see everything that is happening during deployment in the VS Output window you can enable (in VS:  Tools | Options | Build and Run | "MSBuild project build output verbosity" = Diagnostic).