Moving file from subfolder to Root

Badge +3

Is it possible with Nintex Workflow 2013 to move a file from a subfolder of a document library to the root of the same library?

10 replies

Badge +16

there is no such "move" option.  You would need to copy the document and then delete the current one.

Badge +3

I tried copying and I keep getting an error:

"The workflow could not copy the item. Make sure the source and destination lists have the same columns and column settings."

This is while trying to copy from a subfolder to the root of the same library.  So the columns and settings are the same.

Badge +16

OK let me have a play

Badge +16

OK weirdly I got this but the document did get created in root:

25/07/2017 20:47ErrorThe workflow could not copy the item. Make sure the source and destination lists have the same columns and column settings.

The workflow operation failed because the action requires the document to be checked out.

Badge +3

I see the same error as well but nothing gets copied to root.  Super strange.  I thought this was going to be a simple task!  grin.png

Badge +16

created brand new doc library with folder in it and did the copy item and it worked.  wondering whether you need to check item out first?  that is what my first error message said.  did yours?

Badge +3

Workflow Status

The workflow could not copy the item. Make sure the source and destination lists have the same columns and column settings.The workflow operation failed because the action requires the document to be checked in.

haha my error is saying a document needs to be checked in.  

Badge +16

is the document you are trying to copy checked out?

try adding a check in action followed by a wait for item check in status then the copy?

Badge +3

Looks like it had to do with trying to updating a field prior to the copy.  I added a pause and all seems to be good.

Thanks for the help!  happy.png

Badge +16

yay - glad we got there - I, too, started questioning this simple process!  haha