cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Forms 2010 Ribbon Button grayed out

Jump to solution

I am having an issue for which I could not find a solution on the forums. I also tried to open a support case and my active license info was rejected; something I will have to work out.

The problem is the Forms2010 button on a newly created list is grayed out; list I created is "Custom List in datasheet view". I can trick the system by enabling allow content type edit and accessing the forms edit. Please see the screenshot attached for what I mean.

Below is my version info.

Version: 1.5.4.0

License type: Registered

Software Assurance status: Current

Software Assurance expires: 7/2/2015

The Forms2010 button does work if I create a "Custom List"; so the generic list type.  Obviously there is a difference between the two list templates but these are the default ones shipping with SharePoint.  The SharePoint version I am running is SP2010+SP2+Dec2012CU.

Thanks for any help.

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Forms 2010 Ribbon Button grayed out

Jump to solution

Hello Russell,

If you need Datasheet view for your list, then you can create this kind of view from a custom list as well and make it default. Why are you specifically creating list in Datasheet view? The form is disabled for this type of list.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

I know I can create a datasheet view from a regular List, but if I want a Custom List in Datasheet View, then why shouldn't I be able to?

So are you saying that SharePoint disables the ability to edit the default form when I choose this List Type and that affects Nintex Forms? Or is this something Nintex Forms does because it is a design choice? If I am not supposed to edit the form in this list type, why am I able to by just editing the Content Type?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Greetings Russell,

Please see if this list you are using is utilizing a template that is not supported by Nintex Forms.  You can see the template in use by vewing the source of that list.  Right click "View Source" using IE, then search for "ListTemplateId".

Unsupported list templates - Nintex Forms

0 Kudos