Get task respondent display name from a group

Badge +7

Hi! I'm new to Nintex and I have a feeling my question is very basic, but I still need to ask. I have a workflow that assigns a task to a group. I need to add the display name of the individual who responded to the task to notifications that go out in the rest of the workflow. Using the "Last Task Respondent" and "Last Task Respondent Display Name" only gives me the group name. Querying the user profile throws an error. So if my group consists of:

Group 1

Bob

Mike

Dave

But my respondent is:

Respondent

Mike

And I want to send a notification to the director saying that the task was assigned to Group 1 and that Mike specifically responded to the task, how do I get Mike's display name out of the group? His name shows up as the task respondent in the Workflow Task List, so I know this is possible.

7 replies

Badge +16

If you select "assign individual tasks" (words may differ slightly) on the flexi task action the last task respondent will display with Mike.

Badge +16

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

If you tick the assign individual tasks on the action this will work.

Thanks

Cassy

Badge +7

Unfortunately, we are not using a Flexi Task because there is only one outcome: they must complete the task. We are using the Request Data action and there is no option to create individual tasks with this action.

Badge +16

Ah OK I see your problem!

Here is what I have just tested and it seemed to work.

In the request data action store the task ID in an integer variable.

Query the workflow task list where ID = stored task ID from above and pull "modified by"

That should give you the user who responded.

Badge +7

I knew there had to be a way! This is awesome!! Thank you so much!!

Badge +16

Did it work?  happy.png

Badge +7

Yes, beautifully! Thank you so much!

Andrea Pasutti

P: 763-656-1822