I want to initiate a Nintext workflow from a Nintex form and pass the current list item id into the workflow. Is this possible?

Badge +1

If looked into starting a Site Workflow to do this but I don't see any means of passing current item id into the workflow to be initiated.  I've seen discussions of passing values via query string but cannot determine how one might do this from Nintex forms.  Any suggestions?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You could create a list named myItems with a column named myId.

Then add an item to that list, and set a workflow to that list to start the workflow on item creation.

Inside the workflow you can get the myID column

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I would use a List Based workflow for this requirement.  This way you will have all of the related list item's context available to you from within the workflow.

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +1

Thanks Mike.  I realized this about the time FH sent his reply.  I had incorrectly locked in on parameters as necessary solution.  I have only a little experience with Nintext Workflow and haven't used it in a while.  But should have spent more time thinking it through.

FYI, FH's reply would have been marked as correct except that it suggested a new custom list that wasn't necessary.