Email Event - SharePoint Groups with AD Groups

• 21 March 2011
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi all - I have a process that will need to send out Email notifications at certain points in an approval workflow.

The destination(s) are set to SharePoint Groups.  These SharePoint groups contain AD Groups - you follow me?  Hehe.

Well, when I try to use the "Users and Groups" SmartObject to "Get E-mail For Group Users", and I plug in the destination group, it fails with errors like "no email specified".

This SO only works on AD Groups?  So then I need to run a different SO to get the AD group, and pass that to this function.  However, it only accepts 1 value - we will will have multiple AD Groups in some cases.

Any idea how to proceed?

Also, as a side note, how could I get this to work on the assignment notification?  It fails as well :(.

Thanks,

Aaron

2 replies

Badge

Hi Aaron,

I am also stuck with same scenario. We  have to send mail to multiple AD groups. 

Do you have any idea how to pass more than one AD groups to fetch emailIds in SO method. Please let me know if you have any workaround on this

Thanks in advance

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

12389iF07F3E5A040B0114.png

If you drag a group into the To field, it will automatically configure a SmartObject call for you against that group:

Users and Groups smartoject > Get E-mail For Group Users method > E-mail property

If you drag another AD group into the To field, it will automatically append a semicolon (;) and another SmartObject call for this new group; this should send email to all users of both groups.  Will this work for your use case?