parallels activity k2

• 17 March 2011
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

greetings all,

i wanted to ask,

can i make 5 client activity, and running parallel,

if all complete, move to the six..

if it's possible, can you give me some clue?? or maybe example??

Best Regards,

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Try adding a Succeeding Rule to the last activity that must only fire after all other have completed.

SuccRule: -All slots of "ActivityInstanceDestStatus" should = "Completed"

This will ensure the activity waits until all of the other activities have a status of completed before firing.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +11

What you are asking can definitely be done, but I am unclear about the details of your question.

For example, you could assign the same client event to 5 destinations in one activity.  Then you could use a suceeding rule to determine how participants must answer a certain way before proceeding.  For example, you could could configure the rule to say all 5 must approve the request before moving on.  You could also include other rules like if any one of them rejects the request then it is rejected for the whole group.

If however, you want to assign 5 unique tasks to 5 participants at the same time, you could do that as well.  Any line rule that is true will be followed, so if more than one line is true, the workflow splits into parallel paths.  To sync them up, you need to create some data fields to be used as flags to track how many participants have completed their work.  As each person completes the task, use a data manipulation event to set the flag (or increment a counter) and have a line from each that goes to the next activity.  On the next activity you will want a preceeding rule that does not allow the activity to start until all of the user tasks are complete.