Repeating Section - Validation not work after removing row

• 27 May 2020
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +1

So i really need help and i do really need one.
I try to fix the problem for several days and it is not solved at all. 

It's kind of frustrating for me to fix this problem, because it is not my code in the first place and i never code in JavaScript Nintex before.

Here is my problem:

I'm using SharePoint 2016 and Nintex for master data processing.
When the application want to retrieve some information and store it in repeating section.
The previous programmer before me, always add below code in order to reset the repeating section before store the data inside it.

NWF$(".RepeatingSectionCSS .nf-repeater-row").each(function(index) { if (index != 0) { $(this).remove(); } }); // re-create the first row NWF$(".RepeatingSectionCSS .ms-addnew").click();

The PROBLEM is, all validation within the form is not working at all.
I got this error message from console.log:

7908i603DEC26827DFA14.png

I already try to add ValidatorOnLoad() inside NWF.FormFiller.Events.RegisterRepeaterRowAdded based on suggestion from another thread.

I figure it out that when i debug Page_ClientValidate() inside NWF$(document).submit(function().

The error above occurred on below function at syntax  "control  = document.getElementById(id);"

function ValidatorGetValue(id) { var control; control = document.getElementById(id); if (typeof(control.value) == "string") { return control.value; } return ValidatorGetValueRecursive(control); }

I try so many possible solution i found but it is not working.

I try to remove my previous programmer Code's, but there is another problem where the newly added row does not appear. It's really frustrating, like i need to choose my poison. LOL

Please help me.

1 reply

Badge +1

So i made my mind and choose the poison.
I choose to facing "Newly Added row does not appear" and here is the antidote.

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/problem-with-tabs-and-repeating-sections/td-p/20221?commentID=67237.

Thank you MegaJerk  for becoming Repeating Section master and guide us the newbie.
I read a lot of your thread and again i find this solution from your answer across all threads.