How to Sleep() using WorkListService.asmx?

• 10 April 2007
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +1
Hi.

My K2 Server and Web Server are sitting on two different domains.

I have found out (the hard way) that you CANNOT use the K2ROM in such an environment unless you are also using Kerberos authentication (if I am wrong .. then someone please correct me, and tell me how).

So at the moment I am leafing through all of the WebService (*.asmx) methods.

So here are my questions:

1) Using either of the Web Services ... how (for the current user, or a specific user) can I retrieve a list of:
a) running processes?
b) WorkListItems?

2) How can I perform actions on these "WorkListItems" using the Web Services?
e.g. I can use the SourceCode.K2Rom.WorkListItem.Sleep() method using the K2Rom.

How can I do this using the Web Services?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

1 reply

Badge +3
Hi Martin,

As mentioned on the phone, it's not that you can't use the K2ROM in this manner, it's the fact that you want to call the K2ROM via asp.net pages that are hosted on a different webserver than the K2 machine - it is this that requires kerberos. They key point being that the web server add an extra layer of impersonation and because that's cross-machine; kerberos is required.

As far as I know the worklist calls the K2ROM directly to release, sleep and redirect items.

If you wanted to do this via a web-service you could code it yourself but you'd still need kerberos unless you hosted the service on the K2 Server.

Hope this is of some help.

Ashley