Smarforms repeating node?

Badge +6

Im new to smartforms and previously used Infopath integration in my processes. When I needed a dropdown control and needed to be able to have multiple selections from the dropdown control I would use a repeating node or table. I now find myself needing to have a dropdown list in a Smartform which allows for selecting multiple values. So far I can see no way of doing this. Anyone had any success?

Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Badge +10

I think what you are refering is from Infopath to a Repeating Sectionwhich includes a Dropdown.

Yes K2 have their own way of doing this. and is using a List. The concept is different from Infopath, and you must think in the K2 Way.

Is different but also offer many other options that Infopath specially for reporting in repeating sections is just not capable to do. not to mention limitations with his interaction with multipleexternal data sources.

I would recomment to go trough the K2 Tutorials, in particular to the "Expense Claim Approval":
<a href="http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Appit/UserGuide/current/default.htm">Expense Claim Approval</a>

Will let you get familiar with the concepts of Lists Views and how can they provide much more functionality to your form specially for reporting or the classicmodel has many records... where you can perform some calculations, reports from the items very easy.

Hope this help.

Dino.

Badge +6

Thanks for the help!

Dave