Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
akatsukidong23
Nintex Newbie

Format problem in Update document action

I got a question here. 

Assuming I am building a queationnaire and I want to use "update document" to update content control text in a library document with workflow variables(mutiple lines of text type). In the screenshot below I use both rich text and plain text type but no one fulfill what I want.

Here is the workflow variable I want to update in the content control in document, and I send notification to myself. It consists of two paragraphs.And I want content control to show as below:

And the result in the rich text:

So in rich text it is confusing that it self-duplicates the text, and it seems to have format problems like words difference.

The result in plain text:

So in plain text it can not seperate the two paragraphs.

And the workflow goes like this:

So how should I set in the word if I want the document show the content control text as the original one...?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sojanm
Nintex Newbie

Re: Format problem in Update document action

Hi Eden,

I had same problem when trying update the rich text control, it duplicates the data. No idea why.

Is it possible to use two plain text controls for each para.

akatsukidong23
Nintex Newbie

You can use different content control titles for the Update Document Action to recognize. But it is different...

I am just wondering if content controls really can not store multi-paragraphs text for one time.

I am trying to use repeating section content control as well, but it doesn't work up to now

sojanm
Nintex Newbie

Well, plain text content control will not take any formatting. Did you try keep the formatting check box from the workflow to rich text control

akatsukidong23
Nintex Newbie

Yeah I keep them though, so "not take any formating" means it won't recognize a newline as well? That is annoying.

sometimes clients use I,II,III to clarify different points and it just mess up in plain text.