How to enable Lazy Approval on a custom list in SP2013?

• 1 December 2015
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

We have recently moved from SP2007 to SP2013 (both on premise) and had a number of custom lists with workflows attached that successfully utilised Lazy Approval in SP2007. With the move to SP2013 the option to set this up doesn't seem to be available - there are no incoming email settings available from the list settings (although the option is present in 'normal' document libraries). Some quick searching indicates that custom lists don't support incoming email settings. If this is true, has anyone found a away around this to allow the use of Lazy Approval on custom lists?

2 replies

Badge +5

Hi Jenny.

I dont think incoming email settings is available for Custom Lists but they are for document libraries and few other list types.

(See Incoming Email Settings in SharePoint List or Library in 2013 )

I have recently configured lazy approval for a client, below are the high level steps required to set up NIntex Lazy Approval for Share Point 2013

-On SharePoint Server, set up SMTP and configure SharePoint to send/receive emails

-On Exchange server, configure Exchange "Send Connectors" for SharePoint

-On Domain Controller, assign Create/Delete all child objects permission to the application pool account running sharePoint Central Admin application pool

-Configure a document library to receive emails,test send an email to that document library

-On SharePoint Server, enable Lazy Approval Settings under Nintex Workflow Management

http://blogs.technet.com/b/harmeetw/archive/2012/12/29/sharepoint-2013-configure-incoming-emails-with-exchange-server-2013.aspx

LazyApproval Guide: Nintex Workflow 2013 & Nintex Workflow 2010

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Thomas

Badge +3

Hi Thomas

Many thanks for responding - I'm familiar with configuring Lazy Approval on a a library. It looks like I'll have to use a bit of a workaround to request approval via a link rather than Lazy Approval for the forms based on custom lists.

Such a shame - was super handy for users out on the road to just be able to hit reply rather than make sure they could access our SP environment.

Cheers

jenny