cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Form variable recalculate

Hi,

I added a form variable to calculate the difference between the current date and a due date.  I set the variable to recalculate on view, new and edit.  (See attached.)

Is there any way to force the recalculation without having to view or edit the record?  By the way, it did not recalculate when I just "viewed" the form.

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Form variable recalculate

Hi Patti,

Can you not used a Calculated Value instead?

Hope it helps,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello Patti.

If You don't need it recalculated immediately, You can write a Nintex WF to do it when you save the item, or You can have a Site Nintex Wf doing it periodically.

Kind Regards,

Sérgio

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I don't understand recalculate in view mode. There isn't a Save Button!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi,

I suppose I could, but I really didn't think of that as an option.  Could I use a calculated value to find the difference between two dates and then plug it into a list column?  Does the workflow have to be running?  I suppose it would.  My issue is really part of a bigger workflow design problem that I have not described in this thread. I've been looking for information on my design issue in the community and haven't found anything yet. So, I may post another thread regarding it.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Actually, I'd like it to recalculate daily.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi,

There are times when you might just want to "view properties" rather than "edit" the list item.  I can tell you, it does not recalculate on "view" regardless of whether you have it set to recalculate on view.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

So, You can write a site WF and schedule it to run daily.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Sergio.  What action do I put into the workflow to cause the field to recalculate? I have version control set on the list (but not check in - check out).  I really don't want to have to do a "fake" edit to cause the recalculate.  Thanks for responding.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello Patti. To do what I'm saying I think You'll need the Countdown Column itself as a calculated field in the list settings.

Regards.

0 Kudos