cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Re: Form variable recalculate

Hi Sergio. I'll try the calculated column in the list and see what happens.  Thanks so much for your suggestions.  Question:  is [Today] an option in a calculated field?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Can't use [Today] in a calculated column.  See error below.

calculated-column-2-4-2015 8-21-23 AM.png

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Can't you just run the scheduled workflow to run overnight to calculate those fields and update the field where you want the calculation within that same workflow?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi,

Oddly enough, I think I figured it out by looking at various posts on this community site and using Bing to search other blogs, etc.  I'll know tomorrow morning if it works.  Here's what I did.

1. Start workflow at 12:01 tonight (2/5/15), repeats daily, and indefinitely. ---- Hopefully, this will make the workflow run every night just after midnight.
  2. Query List and put the results into a Collection Variable.
    1. List is queried for a particular Status (Status contains Fix in Progress).
    2. The Item ID is added to the Collection Variable. (The contents of the collection variable looks like this: ID;ID;ID;ID etc. or 79;80;92;110.  Those are the Item IDs that meet the query.)
  3. For each loop (uses the collection variable where the Query List results are stored).
    1. Calculate the Current Date and store in a variable.
    2. Do a math operation the subtracts the Fix Due Date (List Item Column) from the Current Date.
    3. Do a math operation that converts the value of 2. above to days (2. calculates seconds ... UGH).
    4. Update item with the recalculated value.

We shall see if it loops through the items that meet the query and updates the list item field.  Thanks for responding.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Making progress. Discovered last night that to loop through a list, it has to be a site workflow not a list workflow.  Also, scheduling the workflow to run at a specific time works when it's a site workflow.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

While this started out as a thread to recalculate a field on a form, it has become a site workflow thread.  I was able to successfully use collection variables to do a "for each" in a specific list that met the query list filter requirements. It is recalculating the field and writing out to the list item based on the Item ID. And, it's running on schedule as a site workflow. Will let it run over the weekend to make sure it works.

I still don't understand why the "Start Workflow" action doesn't work in a list workflow.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

This particular blog post was very helpful:

http://www.synergyonline.com/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=164

0 Kudos