Possible bug with Infopath Web Forms

• 19 March 2009
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

It would appear that deploying an Infopath forms process causes Infopath forms to use the Infopath client, and disregard any previous settings in the form and the form library - after deployment of the process, you cannot stop the thick client from launching.

Example...

1. Create new Infopath form, and publish it to a basic SharePoint site with a Forms library. The form is set to use the web version, and the library is set to use the web version.

2. Try using the form, and it launches the web version.

3. Create a K2 blackpoint Infopath process, with the form from the library as the start action. Make it do something simple like create a task in a task list having the same name as a text field on the form.

4. Deploy the process

5. Go back to the form library, and launch a new form. Bang. The Infopath application opens.

If you now check the form library, it will have reverted to using the thick client. Setting it back to "web" will make no difference.

Any ideas ?

3 replies

Badge +3

I got the same problem when I started with blackpoint and you have to make sure in the "edit InfoPath Template" window that the form client property is set to Web Browser.

Badge +3

Hey Jonathan

You had any joy with this?

try this.

Right click on the start activity and go to the InfoPath icon on the left hand side (purple icon at the bottom). When the wizard launches select edit which will lauch the InfoPath integration wizard for the process. 

The first wizard page is about where the InfoPath form is deployed. The last element is "Form Client" which defautls to Infopath, change this to Web Browser and you. Finish the wizard, save , deploy and you should be kicking it Forms Server style.

Badge +5

Yes. Found it. Put it down to my own stupidity :)

I had missed the checkbox in the wizard, and then of course you get the edit options in the start event properties (and discovered you have to edit the form template entry to see them).

Of course the web forms threw errors due to cross-domain security issues with Infopath, but that's a problem for the client to solve.

Most of the issues I'm having are just in terms of learning the interface at the moment. I expect as time goes on I'll be asking horrible questions about the API :)