How to retrieve the value using javascript from an nintex form choice control?

• 14 October 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi I've search the community & internet and found a few post, but with no success,  I've tried to copy from these various post and put together a simple form;  1 Choice control & javascript.   Once published, I run and the javascript runs, but when it displays the value of the Choice control,  its  'undefined'.   I've include screen prints of the control and js and the output.    I'm very new to Nintex, but a .net developer for many years,  I've taken 'Forms Training' from our rep, but did not get into any advance stuff.  My main goal is to learn Nintex forms object model.  I've not found a reference to all the control's classes yet/if any.   Other documentation that would be helpful, is;  NWF$('#' + userID + ' option:selected');...  'option:selected'  what else can we put/use here? 

So if you can see my error    OR    point me where the documentation is that explains;  like  'option:selected'  stuff   and   the method/functions of each control like    .val()    can't see to find anything light that.   This would really expand  our use of Nintex forms in  my organization.

Thanks

ps   I'm using Sharepoint 2010  with Nintex Forms 2010(v1.9.0.0),   workstation is Windows 7 with IE 11.0.9600.18449IS  javascript 1.3.

193198_pastedImage_1.png

193203_pastedImage_3.png

193204_pastedImage_4.png

193205_pastedImage_5.png

193206_pastedImage_6.png193207_pastedImage_7.png193208_pastedImage_8.png

193209_pastedImage_9.png

193210_pastedImage_10.png

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

following should work for you

NWF$('#' + userID + ' input:checked').val();

I've not found a reference to all the control's classes yet/if any

try http://help.nintex.com

or help button in nintex forms

Other documentation that would be helpful, is;  NWF$('#' + userID + ' option:selected');...  'option:selected'  what else can we put/use here? 

you have to learn javascript/jquery/CSS...

Badge +1

Thank you very much!!  It worked for me.  

regarding the learn... I came to the conclusion this weekend that it was a jQuery ref,  I know javascript, asp.net and html and don't recall anything like 'option:selected'  ect...  I finally had to trust myself that I wasn't doing anything wrong and I started to learn jQuery...  I only had a hour learning it, but it will take more time....  I didn't figure out my issue so, Thank You for the line of code!!