cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Form validation doesn't work

Jump to solution

In my Nintex form I would like to check the date selected by user and make sure it is not a future date, I added a rule to the item and chose

rule type = validation

then I wrote in condition

greaterThan({ItemPropertySmiley Very Happyate_x0020_and_x0020_Time_x0020_0} , {Common:CurrentDate})

it doesn't work why?

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
29 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Form validation doesn't work

Jump to solution

Hello,

Proposed Solution:

a)

Select your date control on the form.   Then add a rule to it using the form's rule box and select the type of rule as Validation.  Use the following code:

{Self} > Current Date

Type the message you want displayed.

b)

Another way you can get this to work is under the Validation section of the configuration page for the Date/Time picker control on your Nintex Form is to set "Use range validation" to Yes.

For Minimum value, type in a date that was in the past such as "01/01/2014" or go back further if needed.

For Maximum value insert the reference of Current Date from under the common tab.

This should allow you to pick a date in the past or today, but not beyond.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Jump to solution

thanks, I tried the option b and it worked thans.

How do I validate the following?

I have a choice control with the following values: staff only    student only    staff and student

I also have an employee item and  a student item

if staff only or student and staff are chosen then employee field is mandatory and the user must enter the employee

if student only or student or staff was chosen then user must enter the student field

0 Kudos
glenda
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

nafiseh,

You could add formatting rules on your employee and student fields.

nameofyourchoicecontrol != 'student only' then you could hide or disable the employee field, etc.

Goodluck

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

thanksbut I would like to give a validation message if the field must be filed and is not

0 Kudos
glenda
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

nafiseh, then you should definitely take a look at the following posts: Using validation rules to ensure a comments box is not left empty.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

it's very strange, I 've tried this and even this doesn't work

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

something to mention...the field that I'm validating is not connected to a list column, is that why my validation doesn't work?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I TRIED THE VALIDATION ON ANOTHER ITEM THAT IS CONNECTED TO A LIST COLUMN, STILL NOT WORKING

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

What version of Forms are you using?