External List (SQL) into a Nintex Repeating Section

• 27 September 2016
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hi all,
I need to put an External list (red from SQL) into a Nintex Form 2013 Repeating List; Nintex Forms does not allow this. I made data available by using the lookup List element, but an error occurs while saving the Form data to the List (CAML-Request could not perform etc.  ).
Does anybody have a Work around to do this? Or do I have to change from an External List to a SharePoint List?
Thank you for responding

192733_pastedImage_1.png

4 replies

Badge +5

Hi Nicola,

there are ways to use a workflow to collect data from anywhere (external list) and put it in the right format to push it into a nintex form repeating section. I am not sure if this would help you. Let me know what exactly you need. If you just want to have a view on the external list inside Nintex Forms I am not sure if it works with external lists, I never tried.

Badge +3

Hi Victor,

Well, the external list is no problems as well as binding the External List (from SQL  - Table) into a Nintex or a SharePoint pick list, everything was so far so gut.

So I went step further, and I tried to bind that List into a Nintex Repeating section, since Nintex refused to put the List column into the repeating section, so I pulled a new SharePoint Lookup field and connected to the External List.

All went well, I could select a Value and a second one while Saving the Form I get the mentioned error.

I thought somebody got a solution for that….

Badge +10

Ni Nicola,

Try using SQL request control to get the sql table data directly from the table.

Badge +3

Hi Sijan,

Sorry, I forgot to mention my Version, we use NINTEX 2013 Standard edition. So I do not have the SQL request control.

I think I should use a SharePoint list for the entries to pick up