Trial Key

• 27 April 2007
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
Hi Guys

I am unable to access the trial key page using http://www.k2workflow.com/support/trialkey.aspx link and i am getting redirected to
http://www.k2.net/global/contactus.aspx

It means k2 stopped issuing temproary keys?.

regards
S.Saba

2 replies

Badge +3
I'm not sure what the policy is for the main page but if you contact your local K2 office they will be able to arrange a key ASAP.

Ashley
Badge +6
K2 Trial Keys are now handled by K2 Sales teams, separately from K2 customers who have purchased K2 already. Therefore, the Trial key option is now referring customers to contact K2 Sales teams in their region.

The site apparently now pointing web users to contact the K2 account teams since this is outside of 'paid' services.

FYI: Over the past 6+ months, the types of K2 License Keys and methods for obtaining them have changed.

See below for a summary:
"Permanent" Keys (licenses purchased)
- Named User (NUL)
- CPU
- CAL (Seat)
- Temporary* 9which is actually a form of Evaluation key)

"Non-Permanent" Keys (short-term usage at no cost)
- Trial
- Evaluation ('Eval')

Trial keys are mostly just a fixed length version (30 day) of Eval keys and are therefore pretty much redundant.

Note that most older K2 documentation refers to 'Trial' keys being 30-day licenses and good for emergencies. However, such emergency needs are now called 'Temporary' keys and are only good for 3 days (to help get the system/install up and running quickly).

A new feature of the License Request process is that Temporary Keys are automatically generated whenever a permanent key is requested, with the permanent key to follow as previously done (must go thru an approval process).

Permanent License Keys are requested via the K2 Portal, which requires an active (paid) K2 Maintnenance Agreement (Customers and Partners paying for K2 services and support). These K2 Licensing requests and approvals are therefore controlled and managed very tightly by K2 accounting and support teams.

Non-Permanent License Keys are more for Sales and Marketing purposes for non-customers (demos, proof of concepts, etc.), and therefore fall outside of the paid Service Agreement conditions of the K2 Portal. K2 Sales teams can then provide Trial and Eval keys to prospective K2 customers as needed.